Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's not Christmas any more?

Really? Hm.... Obviously I've been a total blog slacker since December- sorry!! But, in my defense, we haven't really had a lot of house projects going on lately, and that IS what this blog is about :)

In the last few weeks, Spring has brought us green grass, tulips, daffodils, and an insane amount of mysterious plants (planted by a previous owner...) that are spreading all over the place- GAH! Last summer we worked on getting rid of the mosquito-harboring ferns that covered one section of our side yard. I was pleased to see we had only 4 or 5 come back, so we dug those out this weekend. We have hostas aplenty, so if anyone wants some, come on over!

I'm eager to get flowers planted, but my horticulturist (Mom) has been MIA so I need someone with a green thumb to point me in the right direction. Chris and I did make a quick stop this afternoon and grabbed some beautiful hanging baskets for the front porch. It's not much, but it's a start!!

1 comment:

Gary and Samantha said...

Welcome back to blog land!