Saturday, October 4, 2008

Porch Sale!

Because the garage is slightly hazardous (and not to mention full...), we had our first "Porch Sale" today at the Big Pink House. It's been a long time coming... we had intended to do it in the spring when sales are plentiful and weather is nice, but didn't get it done. This was probably one of the last nice weekends we will have this fall, so we decided it was now or never! It was quite a chilly start to the day, but finally warmed up after 11 or so.

Luckily, we didn't have to do too much hunting and sorting to get ready for the sale. I've been putting things to be sold in boxes in the basement for quite a while. I suppose if I were a little smarter, I would have been pricing things as I went also :) My mom also sent a bunch of boxes of "stuff" for us to dispose of for her- next time I'm going to make her stay and sort it with me!

Because of our lack of actual planning for this sale, we are fortunate to live on a busy street! We put a couple signs up and nearby intersections and one in the front yard and stayed quite busy most of the day. We ended up selling quite a bit and making some good $$- yay! We boxed up the leftovers and took them to Goodwill right away. It's nice to be rid of some of those things!

We also got to meet quite a few interesting people, some that even live nearby. A few knew past owners of the house, lots made comments about how much they admire the house, and a few even thought of buying it over the years.

No comments: